12.18.2006

Christmas time's a-comin'...

Has anyone else heard the Emmylou Harris version of that song? No matter how much I claim not to be a country fan, there's just something about growing up in Texas that makes you unable to dislike Emmylou Harris' voice, especially at Christmas...

Anyway, I just thought I'd comment on how much studying the Old Testament this semester has made me appreciate Christmas. Saturday night, I saw a Christmas story rendition with some soul at the Jubilee Theater in Sundance Square. It was great. Anyway, studying the Old Testament has given me such a richer framework within which I can see the beauty of Christ and of grace so much more deeply. If you were at Southcrest this semester, and especially if you were involved in small groups, hopefully you have some idea what I mean. I wish I could convey everything I learned, but it would be difficult to type a semester's worth of study in one blog entry. However, feel free to ask me about it.

Cheers to having nothing to do for a solid three weeks except try to make a dent in the small library I brought home.

3 Comments:

Blogger miss tiffany renee said...

ah...the traditional "i-swear-i-am-going-to-read-these-books-over-the-break" i just never read any of them....i hope that you do!

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer R. said...

I know exactly what you're talking about, Abe. I think I even posted on it earlier...Christmas means so much more when you've spent a good deal of time on the other side of it. :)

So now all those advent hymns like "O Come O Come Emanuel" are ten times more amazing. I'm enjoying it a lot.

And good luck on the reading. I like to read, but the thought of reading a whole lot over this break just makes my head hurt.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Abe said...

see, I love to read over the break. I don't ever get to, normally. I'm cooped up in equation-ville (I like it, too, but it's just a nice break).

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters