12.30.2006

New Car!

I've been threatening to do it for months now, but I finally did it. I bought a car. It is a 2005 Civic LX Special Edition with a 5-speed manual transmission and a sweet stereo system. This really is my dream car. I was looking at new Toyotas and Nissans, but they were anywhere from $2000 to $4000 more expensive. And they felt like toys. This feels like a real car. I got a great deal on it, and the resale value will stay higher. Anyway, I'm very pleased.

It is going to be weird getting used to a new car. When something is that much a part of your life for over 6 years, it is hard to part with. Everyone told me that this would happen, but I didn't believe them until now. I'm afraid when I pull into my apartment complex with my new car and park it next to my old one that I left in Lubbock, the poor Nissan is going to feel very insecure. Anyway, you've been good to me, Sentra; I'm sorry for abandoning you like this.

I'm accepting suggestions for names for it. I'm not a big car-namer, but I know several of you are very adamant about this, and so I'm keeping an open mind.

Here are pictures:

8 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Congratulations, it's lovely! I will be thinking about names. How about "Stephen's Last Night in Town"?

2:41 PM  
Blogger Abe said...

hmm....a bit long, but I like the ben folds reference. what about "kate"? a little boring, I guess...

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mimi

4:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think you should definitely go with brandon's suggestion. hands down.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

a girl named Mimi once told me that she didn't go to Texas Tech because all the girls there have STDs. just something to keep in mind.

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why would she care unless she was a lesbian?

2:19 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

i think she just didn't want to be associated with such low-lifes. or maybe she thought the STDs were in the drinking water or something. she's not a smart girl.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Brady said...

The only Mimi I know is a drag queen from Bryan. Sorry to hear about the car!!

1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters