1.10.2007

Car :(

Short of myself or someone I know being seriously injured or killed, I went through pretty much the worst possible thing that could feasibly have happened today. (Okay, I'm sure you could come up with some worse scenarios, but spare me...unless they are really funny.)

Some dumb lady smashed my car to smithereens. I was eastbound on 4th Street (speed limit -- 50 mph) about to cross Indiana. The light was solid green both ways. I saw a black Dodge Intrepid waiting to turn south onto Indiana. She started inching forward right before I got to the intersection, but it looked like she saw me. Then, at the last minute, she started pulling out in front of me, just slowly enough that there was no way I could do anything but minimize the damage. I swerved to the right a little and smashed into the front corner of her car. I then caromed into two cars who were waiting at the stoplight to proceed northbound on Indiana. One of the vehicles was an SUV that I barely dented his bumper. When I looked up at the other car, I heard, "It's Abe!" It was Tara and Johanna in Johanna's car on their way back from the rec center. So now, mine and Johanna's cars are both at Lubbock Wrecker waiting on estimates to see if they are totaled or not. I drive my stinking '92 Nissan Sentra for so long without a wreck, and I get a new car and it gets smashed in less than two weeks. If only someone would have smashed my old car. Oh well. No one is hurt, and the lady who caused the whole thing was insured, so everything will get taken care of eventually. I just won't have a car for a few days, and I won't have my car for who knows how long.

God is good. No one is hurt. My identity isn't in my car. I'm trying to love the poor ignorant lady who probably shouldn't have a driver's license, but who needs and deserves Jesus just as much as I do (or should I say "don't"). She said she was going to dispute the citation she received for failing to yield to right-of-way in municipal court, but I doubt it will come to anything. She was probably just embarassed and depressed about wrecking a bunch of cars, and it is always easier to act like it wasn't your fault in situations like that.

Anyway, there's my story for the day. This way, maybe I won't have to tell it like 199482783 times.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, that really stinks.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhhh man! i know how you feel. just pray that you won't be driving a rental pt loser around for a month like i did.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad, sad day.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

that's so crazy! i'm glad you're okay.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

is it weird that we both wrecked our cars in like 2 weeks AND that it was because stupid people can't turn left without running into us? i think so.

p.s. please disregard the facebook message, as this answers all of the questions therein.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters
Website Counters